HISTORY

Built in 1912 by a team of African-American architects, the six story Odd Fellows block was the address for many of Atlanta’s most important African-American owned businesses. The famous Yates and Milton drugstore and Cervy Hall Haberdasher both opened their doors for the first time in the Odd Fellows buildings. Performances by Count Basie and Lionel Hampton were not uncommon in the Odd Fellows roof garden.  Over three million dollars and eighty years later, the Odd Fellows complex , in the heart of the Sweet Auburn Historical District, has been restored to its original luster. The buildings, comprised of the ”Annex” and the “Tower,” now contain over 50,000 square feet of prime “Sweet Auburn” commercial, retail , meeting, and entertainment space. The Odd Fellows complex is the reference point in the Sweet Auburn Avenue Historical District; four blocks in any direction will land you at the Martin Luther King Jr., Center, Woodruff Park, Georgia State University or the Grady Memorial Medical Center. There is ample parking and MARTA access only steps away. Only at the Odd Fellows can one find so much history with all the benefits of modern technology.   More History